Love Earth Life Happiness.

4.26.2011

Banana-Oatmeal C C Cookies

We all know that I am not good at all when it comes to cooking.. baking.. anything in the kitchen really. Tonight.. me, Annukka and Pirita had a girls night and decided to put our baking skills to a test. I've been eating healthy ever since I got here to Holland and I've been feeling much more energized throughout my day than ever by doing this.. so, when you are looking for something yummy to bake that won't totally KILL your healthiness.. maybe try these cookies out. Guilt-free.. so simple even a monkey could make them.. and they're a fun way to spend a night with the girls. :)

Banana-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

  
courtesy of weelicious.com



Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Makes 30 Cookies) - we cut the recipe in half

3 Bananas (preferably ripe or spotty bananas)
2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 Cup Dried Dates, pitted and chopped (we didn't use these..)
1/4 Cup Oil
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips, Walnuts or Raisins (or dark chocolate with nuts.. tasty)
1/4 Tsp Salt (we forgot this)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash bananas in a bowl, and mix in the remaining ingredients.
3. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
4. Using a mini ice cream scoop or tablespoon, place the batter onto a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 25 Minutes.
5. Cool and serve.


---This is me getting one step closer to being able to cook like a pro one day. I'll get there... just wait! :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment