Love Earth Life Happiness.

5.22.2011

Limitless

Goedemorgen Blogger World,

I haven't posted in quite a while and felt like giving some updates.

The weeks are passing by far too quickly, yet at the same time.. oh so slowly. I cannot wait to see my Utahns and at the same time, I do not want to say tot ziens to my Netherlanders. It is a very BITTERSWEET moment in my life. Can you believe May is nearly over?!

For those of you who do not know, I guess this is my first time making it "public".. Luckily for me, come July 13th, I don't have to say goodbye to The Netherlands and all of my buddies here just yet. I have been blessed with the opportunity to extend my exchange and will be returning back to Tilburg for another semester of school at the Dance Academy! One year total in The Netherlands?? Yes please, don't mind if I do!

About a month ago, I found myself really struggling with what the heck I was going to do with my life next year. My parents and I tried weighing out countless amounts of options and were probably getting frustrated thinking that I might just end up taking the semester.. or a year.. off of school (which, that was looking like what I was going to do). I didn't even think that staying here longer would be possible, in fact I didn't even think of this as an option at all. In the middle of all of this, my teacher asked me what I thought about spending another year of school at Fontys and at first I became a bit frustrated because I knew I would love to do this again.. but in my mind I couldn't help but feeling limited because of how expensive and impossible it all seemed.

The biggest thing I have learned from this.... It never hurts to just ask. I sent an email to my school, being extremely doubtful that it would even work. And by this time, I had decided that just one semester seemed more applicable for me in my situation.. and to my luck, everything else has fallen into place! My mom has always taught me, if you never ask.. how will you ever know? If I would have been too scared to even ask my school of my possibilities, how would I know what is possible? It's as simple as that.

Moral of my blog for today... don't, even for one second, hold yourself back from asking someone anything.. or talking to someone that you want to talk to.. or doing something you've always wanted to do because of whatever fear you have developed in your mind. I believe that everyone is as limitless as you allow your mind to be. Never let yourself get to the point of saying... "I wonder what would have happened if I would have just done/said/asked this or that?"


Here is a simple, past example of just "going and doing" something... Me and Kaley sneaking into a pool we weren't supposed to be in. (Just another one of the many places we've done so in the many years of our friendship..)
I miss you KDoub!

No comments:

Post a Comment